7 areas to keep from having your family experience serious spiritual terrorism:
It was revealed that on June 12 of this year a terrorist attack occurred in Pulsar nightclub in Orlando, FL.
The story shows that a gunman showed up in the middle of the night opening fire, killing over 50 people and injuring over 50 others – before he was shot down by authorities as he was claiming alliance to ISIS.
An attending guest said: “No one could have expected this, no one could have prepared for it, it could have happened anywhere, …it’s like lightening.”
Let me explain something to you.
This massacre was first planned, then executed – when least expected.
When everyone was having their “fun” the killer showed up and did his planned job.
This is a perfect example of how the enemy of your family works – he first plans, then he executes.
Often time, his execution is at a time when you least expect it. He works diligently at finding an opportunity to execute his attack against your family at an opportune time.
I believe in having fun with my family, enjoying our time together and being at peace at home, however, there is always an awareness that the enemy can sneak in at any time.
I’m not suggesting to live in fear or anything of that sort – I am showing you that while you’re having fun with your family and most everything is going well – still be on the alert for the enemy prowls around like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8).
Have fun, enjoy and protect your family from spiritual terrorism. Click Here To Tweet
The story on this terrorist attack reveals that the killer was investigated in 2013 and then again in 2014 for possible terrorist connections but authorities didn’t have enough evidence to do anything.
Well, here’s the deal. If the killer gave enough evidence to suggest that an investigation was needed, then it goes to reason that he had the potential to do something unreasonably human. Of course, authorities can’t keep an eye on a questionable person 24-7, so there wasn’t much they could do – according to reports.
According to biblical report, however, there’s much evidence that the enemy of your family is accusing you day and night to find something he can attack your family with, Rev. 12:10.
In this case, with enough biblical account, you have enough evidence to keep your eyes opened and the devil at bay. Be sure to be ready at all times with your Armor on (Ephesians 6:10-20), to oppose him at any given time.
Your family depends on your prayers, your faith, your authority in Christ and your protection properly appropriated by the Word of God.
Your family depends on your prayers, your faith, your authority in Christ and your protection properly appropriated by the Word of God. Click Here to Tweet
Here are 7 areas to keep from having your family experience serious spiritual attacks:
1. Stay prayed up. In other words, pray always.
2. Stay humbled. Be humble before God and before men. Don’t let pride get in the way disturbing your blessings.
3. Read and Study your Bible. Get the Word in you so you know what to do, and how to appropriate your God-given authority.
4. Don’t allow things into your home via media, video games, magazines, books, etc., that will pollute the minds of your family. This often tough to do in our highly entertained society, but you must keep these things away from your home. Rest assure, a contaminated heart will produce evil results.
5. Don’t let any unwholesome words come out of your mouth. In other words, be sure your speech is clean and don’t let a critical spirit be festered in your life or in your home.
6. Find things to thank God about throughout the day. A thankful heart is a healthy heart. Besides, having a positive outlook on things is better than having a negative one.
7. Proactively, put your trust fully in God, His Word, His Spirit and put God’s kingdom principles into practice. This is one of the reasons why I created a free course to help you lead your family with vision.
With these principles in place, you’re on your way to having great walls of protection (if you will) against the spiritual terrorism in your home.
Question: What other steps do you take to protect your home from spiritual attacks? Share below.
About the Author
Alex Colón, Entrepreneur, Author, Speaker, Teacher, Pastor, Blogger and best of all, Husband and Father of 4. Living the re-Branded life